[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”2818″ img_size=”full” onclick=”link_image”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Contenidos del artículo
- 1 Questions and Answers about health insurance and life insurance in Miami, Florida
- 1.1 1.- How can I apply for Health Insurance?
- 1.2 2.- How do I know if I qualify for Health Insurance?
- 1.3 3.- Deadline to apply for Insurance?
- 1.4 4.- Who qualifies for the Special Enrollment Period Plan?
- 1.5 5.- Is there Medical Insurance for Undocumented People?
- 1.6 6.- What should I consider when applying for Medical Insurance?
- 1.7 7.- Is it better to have Private Medical Insurance?
- 1.8 8.- What is the best Private Medical Insurance?
- 1.9 9.- Monthly Fee for Private Medical Insurance?
- 1.10 10.- Medical Insurance with Co-payment?
- 1.11 11.- Is there Medical Insurance without a Co-payment?
- 1.12 12.- Why do Co-payments exist?
- 1.13 13.- What coverages should Private Health Insurance have during pregnancy?
Questions and Answers about health insurance and life insurance in Miami, Florida
1.- How can I apply for Health Insurance?
To apply for Health Insurance you need to provide the following information:
- Get in touch with one of our medical insurance agents.
- Visit us at our Health Insurance Agency: Braojos Insurance, at 900 West 49 St Suite 528, Hialeah, FL 33012.
2.- How do I know if I qualify for Health Insurance?
To qualify for Medical Insurance you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a legal status in the country (green cards, work permit or other legal immigration documents). If you do not have a legal status, you can apply for a Discount Plan where you have primary medical assistance, specialized medical care and medical emergency.
- Provide your personal tax returns. If you are married, provide your joint statement.
- You need to have a minimum income set by the government. If you are only one person and make more than 11,830 USD per year, or if you are married and make more than 16,000 USD per year, you can apply to the Obamacare to get health insurance at an economical price.
- If your job offers health insurance, you are required to accept it by law, unless it is very expensive.
3.- Deadline to apply for Insurance?
You can apply for Health Insurance from November 1st to January 31st. Then, you can only apply if you qualify for a special enrollment period plan.
4.- Who qualifies for the Special Enrollment Period Plan?
You qualify for a Special Enrollment Period Plan if you meet the requirements listed below:
- Lose Medicaid Health Insurance
- Lose the Health Insurance provided by your job
- Change homes
- If you get married or divorced
- You immigration status changes
- Adopt a child
5.- Is there Medical Insurance for Undocumented People?
To apply for Health Insurance you must have a legal status in the country. There are options such as the Discount Plans, which more than 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the country can have access to primary medical assistance, specialized medical care and medical urgency.
6.- What should I consider when applying for Medical Insurance?
When considering Medical Insurance you must take into account the following points:
- Medical Insurance Coverage
We often believe that private medical insurance covers everything, but when it comes to paying at the end of the month, surprises appear. You should ask what the Medical Insurance you are considering cover, such as hospital bills, diagnostic tests, treatments, etc.
- Periods of Grace
It is the time that elapses until you can make use of a health care service. You should compare the different grace periods between insurers. It is also important to check if they exist during pregnancy.
- Medical Chart
The different medical care insurers have an extensive network of specialists. Sometimes the insured individual has the power to choose the doctor.
- Services Abroad
If you frequently travel out of the country and need a medical service outside your country of residence, you should know that there are health insurances that provide this service.
- Dental Insurance
Generally, insurers do not include this service. If you want to hire it, the cost varies depending on the company.
- Gynecological consultations. Pregnancy monitoring should be monthly.
- During the last stage the visits will be biweekly or weekly.
- Diagnostic tests to follow the pregnancy.
- Childbirth coverage. Single room and bed for the companion.
- Medical assistance to the newborn baby.
If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period Plan, you generally have 60 days to enroll in a plan.
7.- Is it better to have Private Medical Insurance?
More and more people are choosing private health insurance. The benefits range from speed to efficiency of services, in addition to an extensive medical network and access to specialists.
8.- What is the best Private Medical Insurance?
There are different insurers that offer a variety of possibilities depending on the age, sex, and needs of the interested party. That is why it is so important to know what type of coverage you need. At Braojos Insurance we can help you.
9.- Monthly Fee for Private Medical Insurance?
Hiring a Private Medical Insurance involves the payment of a monthly or annual premium. This way the insurer is responsible for all or part of the client’s medical expenses.
10.- Medical Insurance with Co-payment?
With a Medical Insurance with Copayments, you will have to pay a small amount of money each time you use a medical service. This money can be paid every time a service is used or can be added to the premium. The price for copayments is not fixed; it depends on the insurer or the medical specialty that is required.
11.- Is there Medical Insurance without a Co-payment?
Non-copay Medical Insurance is another possibility when hiring Private Health Insurance. In this case, you pay a fixed annual or monthly amount. You will not have to worry about paying every time you go to the doctor, that service is already included in the payments you make.
12.- Why do Co-payments exist?
Health Insurance Co-payments exist to raise public awareness of the responsible use of medical services. It helps the patient to only go to the doctor when he/she needs it and contributes to the financing of the health system.
13.- What coverages should Private Health Insurance have during pregnancy?
A private medical insurance should have the following coverage during pregnancy: